The One Stop Enrollment Center is located in the Charleston Building.
SOWELA Technical Community College
Office of Financial Aid
3820 Sen. J. Bennett Johnston Ave.
Lake Charles, LA 70615
(337) 491-2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for Financial Aid
1. To apply for federal and state financial aid, you will need to fill out an application called the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Prior to doing so, you and your parent (if applicable) will need to set up the Federal Student Aid ID. This will permit you to sign your FAFSA electronically. Click here for a short informational video.
2. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. This is the application to apply for all government funded aid.
3. Fill out a SOWELA Scholarship Application.
4. Once SOWELA receives your FAFSA, we will send you an email regarding any follow up paperwork that is needed to determine your eligibility.
5. Submit all requested follow up paperwork to the One Stop Enrollment Center as soon as possible.
6. Monitor your LOLA account for financial aid awards.
Important FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION about
the new Maymester 2017
|For the purpose of determining financial aid eligibility, the Maymester Session credit hours will be combined with Summer 2017 credit hours (for financial aid awards only).|
|Maymester 2017 financial aid eligibility will be combined with Summer 2017 eligibility and disbursed according to the Summer 2017 disbursement dates.|
If you are not eligible for financial aid for the Summer 2017 semester, you will not be eligible for aid for the Maysession. Financial Aid will not be provided in advance of the Summer 2017 disbursement dates. Bookstore vouchers may be available for financial aid recipients on or before May 10, 2016. For more information and to request a voucher, please contact email@example.com or call (337) 421-6550.
Please consider the following if using financial aid for the May 2017 session:
Pell grant has a maximum amount that can be received for the academic
year. Once you have received the maximum amount for the year, any
additional classes must be paid out of pocket.
- The current
academic year is the 2016-2017 year and consists of th Fall 2016
semester, the Spring 2017 semester, the Maymester, and the
Summer 2017 semester. This means the next time that you will have a new
financial aid award amount will be for the next academic year of
2017-2018 starting in August 2017.